I am a doctoral candidate in pure mathematics at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), working with Ben Antieau and Shmuel Weinberger. My interests are in topological data analysis from the algebraic perspective, persistent homology, and manifold reconstruction. I completed bachelor's and master's studies at the University of Waterloo (UW), in the departments of Pure Mathematics and Combinatorics and Optimization. My CV is available in English and Latvian.
Current topics I'm working on are on my math blog.
- 2018: A constructible sheaf over configuration spaces. Brief overview posters 1 and 2.
- 2017: Extending persistent homology. Related blog posts
- 2016: Classical topological data analysis. Related GitHub project, blog posts
5, and semester project.
- 2016: Moduli spaces of Higgs bundles over Riemann surfaces, with Laura Schaposnik. Related blog posts
- 2014: Characterizations of the Chern characteristic classes, UW Master's project.
- 2012 - 2013: Undergraduate projects, on Khovanov homology, Hopf algebras, and tensors, with David Jackson.
- 26 April 2018: Geometrically motivated partial orders on simplicial complexes, at UIC GGTDS.
- 22 March 2018: Distance and functoriality in TDA, at UIC Grovesloquium.
- 15 March 2018: Constructible sheaves at UIC GGTDS.
- 8 February 2018: Algebra and geometry on topological spaces: a new look at data, at UIC GSC. Accompanying video.
- 8 January 2018: Par doktorantūru Ziemeļamerikā, LJZA zinātnieku tikšanās.
- 29 November 2017: Perspectives on the Ran space, at UIC GGTDS.
- 10 November 2017: Coneability, at UIC Hermanos seminario.
- 9 October 2017: Analyzing topology with data, at UIC Math Club.
- 20 September 2017: Geometric categories, at UIC GGTDS.
- 8 September 2017: The Ran space and stratifications, at UIC Grovesloquium.
- 21 April 2017: Extending persistent homology, at UIC Hermanos seminario.
- 24 February 2017: Serre duality on schemes, UIC Algebraic Geometry 2 lecture.
- 8 February 2017: Geodesic laminations, part 1, at UIC GGTDS.
- 30 November 2016: Finite point reconstruction, at UIC GGTDS.
- 18 November 2016: Calculations with the conditioning number, UIC Geometry and Topology day.
- 10 October 2016: Higgs bundles, at UIC Grovesloquium.
- 21 September 2016: Seifert fibered surfaces, at UIC GGTDS.
- 19 September 2016: Topological data analysis, at UIC GSC.
- 7 September 2016: Your departmental website, UIC Special presentation.
- 30 March 2016: The Hodge diamond of hypersurfaces, at UIC AG RTG seminar.
- 27 January 2016: Homotopy groups of spheres, at UIC GGTDS.
- 21 January 2016: Formal group laws and Lazard's theorem, at UIC CHTS.
- 30 November 2015: K3 surfaces, UIC Differentiable Manifolds lecture. Accompanying handout.
- 28 October 2015: Rational computations of K-theory, at UIC Homotopy theory seminar.
- 21 October 2015: Geometric realizations (of rings), at UIC GGTDS.
- 9 September 2015: A gentle introduction to sheaves, at UIC Grovesloquium.
- 17 March 2015: Grassmannians and group actions, at UIC Grovesloquium.
- 11 February 2015: Milnor and Sullivan's results on bounded cohomology, at UIC GGTDS.
- 20 January 2015: Tiling the hyperbolic plane, at UIC Grovesloquium.
- 19 November 2014: An introduction to knot contact homology, at UIC GGTDS.
- 15 October 2014: Presentations of the braid group, at UIC Grovesloquium.
- 11 June 2014: Sheaf cohomology and manifolds, at UW Algebraic Geometry seminar.
- 4 June 2014: TikZ and you: how to get the most out of code-generated graphics, UW Special Presentation.
- 27 May 2014: A gentle introduction to knots and knot invariants, at UW Joint PM-C&O colloquium.
- 22 May 2014: Complex submanifolds, at UW Analysis seminar.
- 13 May 2014: The CW-structure and cohomology of the complex Grassmannians, at UW G&T seminar.
- 3 April 2014: A gentle introduction to moduli spaces, at UW PM colloquium.
- 20 March 2013: Flows and unique diffeomorphism classes, at UW Morse theory seminar.
- 18-20 June 2018: World Congress of Latvian Scientists, in Riga, Latvia. Poster on secondary TDA structures.
- 21-25 May 2018: Bridging Statistics and Sheaves, at the IMA in Mnneapolis, MN. Poster on constructible cosheaves.
- 19-23 February 2018: Linking Topology to Algebraic Geometry and Statistics, at Max Planck in Leipzig, Germnay.
- 30 July - 4 August 2017: Topological Data Analysis: Developing Abstract Foundations at BIRS in Banff, AB.
- 23-28 April 2017: Applied and Computational Algebraic Topology Spring School, at the Hausdorff Institute in Bonn, Germany.
- 21-23 October 2016: Workshop on the geometry and physics of Higgs bundles, at UIC in Chicago, IL.
- 8-13 August 2016: West Coast Algebraic Topology Summer School at the University of Oregon in Eugene, OR. Talk on complex bordism theory with Maximilien Péroux.
- 28-29 March 2015: Graduate Student Topology and Geometry Conference, at UIUC in Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- 7-12 July 2014: West Coast Algebraic Topology Summer School, at PIMS in Vancouver, BC. Talk on Khovanov's knot homology with Robin Koytcheff.
jlazovskis.com | mat-blag.blogspot.com
This page was last updated on 2018-06-16 at 11:35 EEST