Math 182 - Calculus 2 ESP - Spring 2019
Other offerings of this course: Spring 2015, Spring 2017, Spring 2018, Spring 2019
Time/location: 12:00 noon - 1:50 PM Tuesdays & Thursdays, Taft Hall 320
Instructor: Janis Lazovskis (website, email)
Hours in MSLC: TBA
Class description: Syllabus
Departmental course website: MSCS department
Below are be worksheets of some of the problems given in the ESP workshops. Not all the problems that were presented in class are included below.
- 15 January: review of calculus 1, fundamental theorem of calculus
- 17 January: working with integrals, FTC parts 1 and 2
- 22 January: more review of calculus 1, preparation for integrals
- 24 January: integration by substitution, odd / even / inverse functions
- 29 January: introduction to volumes by slicing. Accompanying Mathematica code for visualization.
- 31 January: no class due to weather
- 5 February: more volumes by slicing, practical applications.
- 7 February: integration by parts.
- 12 February: trigonometric integrals.
- 14 February: review of polynomials, partial fractions.
- 19 February: review of some important functions, improper integrals, definite integrals.
- 22 February: some conceptual problems about Fourier transforms, review about surfaces of revolution
- 26 February: introduction to sequences and series
- 28 February: more sequences, more series, geometric series and fractions
- 5 March: series tests
- 7 March: more series tests
- 12 March: function approximation by polynomials, introduction to power series