Date of Birth: January 29, 1958
- BS 1980 Union College
- PhD 1983 Yale University
- PhD Thesis: Degrees of Models of Arithmetic, supervised
by Angus Macintrye
- 1994-... Professor UIC
- Spring 1998 Member Mathematics Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley
- Fall 1994 Visiting Professor University of Notre Dame
- 1989-1994 Associate Professor UIC
- Fall 1989 Member Mathematical Sciences Research Institute,
- 1985-89 Assistant Professor UIC
- 1983-1985 NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, UC Berkeley
- 1983-85 National Science Foundation Postdoctoral Research
- 1994-96 American Mathematics Society Centennial Research
- 1995-1998 University of Illinois University Scholar
- 1999 CETL Teaching Recognition Award
- 2004 UIC Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2007 Visiting Research Fellow, Merton College, Oxford
- Margit Messmer, Groups and fields interpretable in separably closed fields, 1992.
- George Kapoulas, Comuptability and computational complexity over
p-adic fields, 1993.
- Brendan Burke, Degrees of expansions and models of arithmetic,
- Wai Yan Pong, Ordinal dimensions and completeness in differential
- Dale Radin, Unidimensional Zariski-type Structures and Applications to the Model Theory of Compact Complex Spaces, 2004
- Eric Rosen, 2005.
- Ozlem Beyraslan, 2006.
- Kathryn Vozoris, 2007.
Go back to Dave's Home Page