MATH 507 Model Theory II
- 1/10 DCC in omega-stable groups, superstable and stable generalizations,
applications of DCC.
Read Marker 7.1
- 1/12 Connected components, stabalizers of types
- 1/17 generic types
Read Marker 7.2
- 1/19 Macintyre's Theorem, Reineke's Theorem
- 1/24 Zilber's Indecomposability Theorem
Read Marker 7.3
- 1/26 Zilber's field theorem
- 1/31 No Class
- 2/2 Finding a field in a solvable group with finite center
- 2/7 A connected group of rank 2 is solvable.
Read Poizat's stable groups or Cherlin's original paper.
- 2/9 type definable groups
Read Marker 7.5.
- 2/14 generically presented groups
- 2/16 binding groups
Read Tent Ziegler 10.1
- 2/21 NO CLASS
- 2/23 geometry of strongly minimal sets
Read Marker 8.1
Last revised: 1/11/17