I am a third year Ph.D. student in the department of mathematics at UIC. My advisor is Brooke Shipley. My main interests are Algebraic Topology, Homotopy Theory and Category Theory.
From 2010-2015, I was a Bachelor and a Master student at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
I wrote my Master thesis at Massachussets Institute of Technology (MIT), as a visiting student, advised by Haynes Miller,
under the supervision of Kathryn Hess.
My focus is the study of co-algebras and co-modules objects in Stable Homotopy Theory. Particularly, I'm interested in algebraic models for these higher structured objects and lifting algebraic results to spectra.
Here are the previous projects I have been working on.
This spring (2018), I am under a research assistantship.
Here are my previous experiences in teaching.
- Algebra, for chemical, informatic and communication engineer students (Fall 2013).
- Topology I, for mathematics students (Fall 2012).
Here are the talks I have given so far.
- Calculus of functors, Northwestern Kan Seminar (November 13th, 2017).
- Symmetric monoidal structures in infinity categories and their algebra objects, UIC Graduate infinity category seminar, (November 6th, 2017).
- Landweber exactness functor theorem, Northwestern Kan Seminar (October 13th, 2017).
- Operads, approximation, and recognition, Pre-Talbot Seminar, Northwestern University (March 3rd, 2017).
- An introduction to spectra, UIC Graduate K-Theory Seminar (January 25th, 2017).
- Complex cobordism theory MU, West Coast Algebraic Topology Summer School, University of Oregon (August 8th, 2016).
- The Adams spectral sequence for MU, UIC Chromatic Homotopy Theory Graduate Seminar (February 16th, 2016).
- A simplicial introduction to operads, UIC Derived Algebraic Geometry Graduate Seminar (February 3rd, 2016).
- K-theory of finite fields, UIC Homotopy Theory Seminar (November 11th, 2015).
- Dyer-Lashof operations and H-infinity ring spectra, UIC Homotopy Theory Seminar (September 23rd, 2015).
- Takayasu's cofiber sequences of Thom spectra over the classifying space of (ℤ/2)^n, UIC Algebraic Topology Seminar (May 21st, 2015).
- About Thom isomorphism and the realization problem, MIT Kan Seminar (September 17th, 2014).
You can find here the conferences I have attended.
- Workshop: Women in Topology, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) (Nov 29-Dec 1, 2017).
- Homotopy Theory: tools and applications, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (July 17-21, 2017).
- MIT 2017 Talbot Workshop (May 21-27, 2017).
West Coast Algebraic Topology Summer School, University of Oregon (August 8-13, 2016).
Young Topologist Meeting, University of Copenhagen (July 4-8, 2016).
Midwest Topology Seminar, Northwestern University (Winter 2016).
Midwest Topology Seminar, Wayne State University (Fall 2015).
- Masterclass: topological K-theory and applications, University of Strasbourg (February 21-27, 2015).
In July 2013, I participated to the EMaHP (EPFL Mathematic Humanitarian Project) with 22 other EPFL math bachelor students in South Africa.
The goal was to introduce and to popularize basic mathematical notions through workshops for South African students from 4 to 18 years old.
We visited 7 villages and townships, met 300 children and travelled more than 3'500 km in 15 days.
Here is a video of our journey. EMaHP also has a Facebook page.
Here is a great association.