Photo by Stephanie Reyes
Christopher PerezDoctoral Candidate in Mathematics
University of Illinois at Chicago
Contact InfoUniversity of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
851 S. Morgan St.
Chicago, IL 60607-7045
Office: SEO 723
Research2018 Graduate Student Topology and Geometry Conference Curriculum Vitae
Geometric group theory, (relatively) hyperbolic groups, elementary theories of groups
Papers and Preprints
- Matilde Marcolli and Christopher Perez. Codes as fractals and noncommutative spaces. Mathematics in Computer Science, 6(3):199–215, 2012.
TeachingCurrent Teaching: Spring 2017
I am currently not teaching.
- Mathematical Computing Laboratory
Project: 3D-Printing Surfaces
Faculty Supervisor: Daniel Groves
- Math 090: Intermediate Algebra. Fall 2017
- Math 090: Intermediate Algebra (Summer Enrichment Math Workshop). Summer 2015, Summer 2016
- Math 180: Calculus 1. Summer 2017
- Math 181: Calculus 2. Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Fall 2016
- Math 182: Emerging Scholars Workshop for Calculus 2. Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Fall 2016
Other Math StuffAnimations LaTeX guide arXiv:math.GR (Group Theory) Geometric Group Theory Conferences General Math Links
PersonalI grew up in Chicago and graduated from Whitney M. Young Magnet High School in 2009. In 2013 I graduated from the California Institute of Technology with a B.S. in mathematics. I served for three years as the president of the Caltech Math Club, during which time I started a seminar for undergraduates.
Last updated on Feb 11, 2018.