Christopher PerezDoctoral Candidate in Mathematics
University of Illinois at Chicago
Contact InfoUniversity of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
851 S. Morgan St.
Chicago, IL 60607-7045
Office: SEO 723
Email: cperez20 [at] uic [dot] edu
Geometric group theory
Papers and Preprints
- Matilde Marcolli and Christopher Perez. Codes as fractals and noncommutative spaces. Mathematics in Computer Science, 6(3):199–215, 2012.
TeachingCurrent Teaching: Fall 2017
- Math 090: Intermediate Algebra. Fall 2017
- Mathematical Computing Laboratory
Project: 3D-Printing Surfaces
Faculty Supervisor: Daniel Groves
- Math 090: Intermediate Algebra (Summer Enrichment Math Workshop). Summer 2015, Summer 2016
- Math 180: Calculus 1. Summer 2017
- Math 181: Calculus 2. Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Fall 2016
- Math 182: Emerging Scholars Workshop for Calculus 2. Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Fall 2016
Other Math StuffNotes from Math 569, Fall 2017 LaTeX guide Animations Geometric Group Theory Conferences General Math Links
- Mathematics for Human Flourishing
- PBS Infinite Series
- MathOverflow: Mathematical Urban Legends
- "The Dreams in the Witch-House" by H. P. Lovecraft
PersonalI grew up in Chicago and graduated from Whitney M. Young Magnet High School in 2009. In 2013 I graduated from the California Institute of Technology with a B.S. in mathematics. I served for three years as the president of the Caltech Math Club, during which time I started a seminar for undergraduates.
Last updated on Sep 22, 2017.