- Ryan Martin
- Assistant Professor
- Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- 322 Science and Engineering Offices (M/C 249)
- 851 S. Morgan Street
- Chicago, Illinois 60607
- Office:....SEO 506
- Email:....rgmartin AT uic.edu (the best way to contact me)
- My departmental website
Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis,
Fall 2015 teaching
In Fall 2015, I will be teaching a special topics course (Stat 591) on Prior-free Probabilistic Inference which, among other things, will include a detailed introduction to my recent work on "inferential models" (IMs). An announcement with some details about the course is here. Students are welcome to contact me if they have any questions about the course.
Asymptotics, Bayes and empirical Bayes analysis, foundations of statistics, high-dimensional inference, mixture models, and nonparametrics.
Current research partially supported by:
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Army Research Office
- Society of Actuaries & Casualty Actuarial Society
Links to some websites I frequent
- Purdue Department of Statistics
- Duke Department of Statistical Science — Discussion Papers
- UIC Library — JSTOR MathSciNet
- arXiv — statistics probability
- Gelman's blog Mayo's blog Robert's blog
- ASA — JASA JCGS SBSS
- Bayesian Analysis
- IMS — AoS AoAS Bernoulli STS EJS
Some information for students
- New Researchers' Survival Guide, by the IMS.
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student, by Manuel Blum.
- Advice for Graduate Students in Statistics, by Michael Steele.