- Ryan Martin
- Assistant Professor
- Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- 322 Science and Engineering Offices (M/C 249)
- 851 S. Morgan Street
- Chicago, Illinois 60607
- Office:....SEO 506
- Email:....rgmartin AT uic.edu (the best way to contact me)
- My department URL
Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis,
Fall 2015 teaching
In Fall 2015, I will be teaching a special topics course (Stat 591) on Prior-free Probabilistic Inference which, among other things, will include a detailed introduction to my recent work on "inferential models" (IMs). An announcement with some details about the course is here. Students are welcome to contact me if they have any questions about the course.
Asymptotics, Bayes and empirical Bayes analysis, foundations of statistics, high-dimensional inference, mixture models, and nonparametrics.
Research partially supported by:
- U.S. Army Research Offices, 2015–2016
- Society of Actuaries–Casualty Actuarial Society, 2015
- National Science Foundation, DMS–1208833, 2012–2015
Links to some websites I frequent
- Purdue Department of Statistics
- Duke Department of Statistical Science — Discussion Papers
- UIC Library — JSTOR MathSciNet
- arXiv — statistics probability
- Gelman's blog Mayo's blog Robert's blog
- ASA — JASA JCGS SBSS
- Bayesian Analysis
- IMS — AoS AoAS STS EJS
Some information for students
- New Researchers' Survival Guide, by the IMS.
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student, by Manuel Blum.
- Advice for Graduate Students in Statistics, by Michael Steele.