- Ryan Martin
- Associate Professor
- Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- 322 Science and Engineering Offices (M/C 249)
- 851 S. Morgan Street
- Chicago, Illinois 60607
- Office:....SEO 506
- Email:....rgmartin AT uic.edu (the best way to contact me)
- My departmental website
Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis,
Fall 2015 teaching
- Stat 591 — Advanced Topics: Prior-free Probabilistic Inference
Asymptotics, Bayes and empirical Bayes analysis, foundations of statistics, high-dimensional inference, mixture models, and nonparametrics.
Current research partially supported by:
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Army Research Office
- Society of Actuaries & Casualty Actuarial Society
Links to some websites I frequent
- Purdue Department of Statistics
- Duke Department of Statistical Science — Discussion Papers
- UIC Library — JSTOR MathSciNet
- arXiv — statistics probability
- Gelman's blog Mayo's blog Robert's blog
- ASA — JASA JCGS SBSS
- Bayesian Analysis
- IMS — AoS AoAS Bernoulli STS EJS
Some information for students
- New Researchers' Survival Guide, by the IMS.
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student, by Manuel Blum.
- Advice for Graduate Students in Statistics, by Michael Steele.