- Ryan Martin
- Assistant Professor
- Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- 322 Science and Engineering Offices (M/C 249)
- 851 S. Morgan Street
- Chicago, Illinois 60607
- Office:....SEO 506
- Email:....rgmartin AT math.uic.edu (the best way to contact me)
- My department URL
Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis,
- Stat 411 — Statistical Theory (Fall 2013)
- Stat 591 — Bayesian Analysis (Fall 2013) Announcement
- Stat 511 — Advanced Statistical Theory I (Spring 2013)
Research partially supported by the NSF (DMS–1208833)
- Bayes and empirical Bayes analysis, especially nonparametrics;
- Foundations of statistics, especially inferential models;
- High-dimensional inference;
- Mixture model estimation, especially predictive recursion;
- Monte Carlo methods.
Some web links
- Purdue Department of Statistics
- Duke Department of Statistical Science — Discussion Papers
- UIC Library — JSTOR MathSciNet
- ASA — JASA JCGS SBSS
- Bayesian Analysis
- IMS — AoS AoAS STS EJS
- Manuel Blum: Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student.
- Michael Steele: Advice for Graduate Students in Statistics.
- Michael I. Jordan:  What are the Open Problems in Bayesian Statistics?
- Gradshteyn and Ryzhik, Tables of Integrals, Series, and Products, Academic Press, 7th edition, 2007.