MCS 471 Exam 2 Information
Note: Room change for exam ----- F3 LC
- Chapter 2 - Solving Sets of Equations
- Direct Methods - Gaussian elimination and LU decomposition
- norms and condition numbers
- iterative methods - Jacobi and Gauss-Seidel
- systems of nonlinear equations
- power method for eigenvalue problems - pg. 543-545
- Chapter 3 - Interpolation
- Lagrangian polynomials
- divided differences and Newton form polynomial
- error of interpolation
- cubic splines
What you need to bring to exam.
- Formula sheet - one side of a standard 8 by 11 sheet of paper.
The sheet can contain formulas and notes but not worked out homework problems.
Your name must
be on the sheet and you must submit it with your exam.