Model Theory II
Instructor: David Marker
Office: 404 SEO/ 312 SEO
Office Hours: TBA
phone: (312) 996-3069
The two main topics discussed in the course will be the model theory of omega-stable groups and
the geometry of strongly minimal sets. Additional topics will be chosen as time permits.
Here is a detailed syllabus
- D. Marker, Model Theory: An Introduction, Springer, 2002.
- K. Tent and M. Ziegler, A Course in Model Theory , Cambridge 2012.
I hope to cover chapters 7 and 8 from my book , much of the material from chapters 7--9 of Tent--Ziegler and some of the basic material from Simon.
Math 506 Model Theory I or a comparable course.
I will keep a running list of problems. At several points in the course I will ask you to turn in a number of problems. You may work together on homework problems (and I encourage you to do so), but when you turn in the problem you should acknowledge that you have worked together.
- Turn in 5 Exercises by Tuesday January 31.
- Turn in 5 additional exercises by Tuesday February 14.
- Turn in 5 additional exercises by Tuesday March 7.