Maple Graphics in 3 Dimensions
New due date for Special Assignment Three: Friday, April 24, 2009, in Lecture
Rooms for Test Three, Friday, April 17, 2009. Take the Test with your TA:
Test Three 2009
Special Assignment Three Spring 2009 due April 24, 2009 (change 4/9/2009 JL)
In Class March 20, 2009:
Optimizing Averages through Graphs
Test Two 2009 Sections 1.1 -- 4.2
Notes on Optimization -- Section 3.4
Special Assignment Two Spring 2009 due March 11, 2009
Maple does all the hard work. Section 3.2 Solved Problems and Examples: maple/165section3.2.mw.pdf
Test One 2009
Math165 CBA Tutoring
The College of Business Administration (CBA) offers free Math 165 tutoring to CBA students.
- NOON Lecture
- Bart Borej: LC D5 (Usual Lecture Room)
- Kevin Lee: LC D5 (Usual Lecture Room)
- Kanth Sishtla: LC C1
- TWOPM Lecture
Please bring your UIC ID and a calculator with good batteries!
No cell phones allowed for any purpose!
- Yanmin Liu: LC D4 (Usual Lecture Room)
- Zhilong Zhang: LC D4 (Usual Lecture Room)
For help on using your calculator, TI manuals, etc., are available through
Math 165 Spring 2009 Calculator
Special Assignment One Spring 2009 due February 11, 2009
- Place: CBA Undergraduate Programs Office, 1118 UH
Monday, 9 AM - Noon
Wednesday, 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Friday, 9 AM - Noon
- Appointments (preferred): Call 312-996-2700.
Office Hours Jeff Lewis: 10:30 - 11:30 MWF in SEO 625. Other times by appointment.
Mathematical Sciences Learning Center (MSLC) -- 430 SEO: Your TA's Office Hours are held in the Mathematical Sciences Learning Center -- 430 SEO.
Room Change: NOON Lecture has been moved to LC D5
Math 165 Spring 2009 Lecture Notes
Math 165: Maximizing Revenue as pdf: 165maxrev.pdf
Fundamental Example - Maximizing Revenue for the Linear Price - Demand Model
Special Assignment One Spring 2009 due February 11,2009
Assignments through Test One are available at http://www2.math.uic.edu/~jlewis/math165/2009assignfull.htm
The instructor is Jeff Lewis. My home page is http://www.math.uic.edu/~jlewis/index.htm. My office is in 625 SEO. My telephone is 312-996-3064. Please call or send email to email@example.com for an appointment.
The Blackboard CourseInfo site for the course is at http://blackboard.uic.edu/courses/.
- Math 165 Spring 2009: Special Assignment One As pdf: 165sa109.pdf
- Attach: 165sa1groupmembers.pdf
- Type Special Assignment One. Suggestions for Typing: Math 165 Typing Assignments As pdf: 165type.pdf
- Special Assignment One is a GROUP PROJECT. All papers must be worked on and written up by groups of at least two and no more than four people. TYPE the group writeup. Please use complete sentences to explain your work and answers. For graphs, you may attach neat free hand sketches with enough labels for an outsider to understand the graph. Groups may assign tasks, but each member is responsible for understanding all parts of the assignment. The last paragraph should summarize the roles and activity of each group member.
- Group Members may be in Different Sections or Lectures.
Go directly to:
Spring 2009 MATH 165 Calculus for Business (16362 16363) - math165s09jl
About the Class
The sections are available at Math 165 Spring 2009 Sections
Notes and Projects
Special Assignments must be typed. Suggestions for Typing: Math 165 Typing Assignments As pdf: 165type.pdf
Accessibility: Third floor classrooms may not be wheel chair accessible. Second floor classrooms in Taft Hall, Burnham Hall, and Adams Hall are accessible via the elevator in Burnham Hall. Students with disabilities who require accommodations for access and participation in the course should be registered with the University of Illinois at Chicago Disability Resource Center ((312) 413-2183 and 312-413-0123 (TTY)). Please inform the instructor of special needs.
- All notes and projects are available in both html (fast downloading!) and pdf formats (best for printing).
- Printing Notes and Projects: Best results are obtained printing the pdf version of the documents.
- Some Macintosh users have reported difficulty in viewing symbols in the html files. The best solution is to use Acrobat Reader to view the pdf version of the documents.
- Some Firefox 3.0+ users have reported difficulty in viewing symbols in the html files. The best solution is to use Acrobat Reader to view the pdf version of the documents. Internet Explorer should display the symbols properly.
FINAL EXAM is on Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 6-8 pm, in Room BSB 250, on all of the course material.
There are also several Key Stroke Guides for TI calculators on the Math 165
Blackboard Course Site under
COURSE DOCUMENTS/Graphing Calculator Workshop
If you have an exam conflict with a regularly scheduled Wednesday evening class, please make arrangements with the instructor before Friday, April 24, 2009.
Please address questions or comments on the course or the web pages
to the course coordinator Jeff Lewis: firstname.lastname@example.org